With December in full swing, we wanted to reflect on what a great year it’s been here at SurePods. In 2019, project highlights included laying the groundwork on a new assisted living project; delivering pre-fab pods to burgeoning modular markets in St. Louis, Missouri, and Cambridge, Massachusetts; and seeing a training center project outfitted with prefabricated bathrooms near opening. Let’s take a deeper look:
SurePods’ 2019 Project Updates
- Seasons Assisted Living – in July, SurePods had its first article review for this multi-unit assisted living community in Ontario, Canada. The prefabricated pods will help establish a home-like setting across all Seasons residences.
- Element by Westin – in November, SurePods continued the installation process at St. Louis’ new Element by Westin. Slated to open late summer/early fall 2020, the hotel caters to extended-stay guests with homey features, an aesthetic that carries into modular finishes. Developer Midas Hospitality further looked to SurePods to save the construction schedule.
- Cambridge Multi-Family Apartment Complex – in December, SurePods started the last pod set for this six-story residential building. Located in one of the highest-cost markets, the Cambridge project’s general contractor sought to expedite construction and streamline labor by going pre-fab.
- KPMG – KPMG’s national training center will open in December 2019/January 2020. The professional services network turned to SurePods for their modular expertise, accelerating labor returns and reducing risks with the leanly built bathrooms.
SurePods was also featured in news outlets around the country, along with a leading hotel publication. Click through to see the prefabricated pods in action:
SurePods in the News
- Fox 2 News – The local St. Louis story captures the SurePods delivery process with high-flying visuals and interviews with Chris Shinkle, vice president – development & construction for Midas Hospitality, and our very own Paul Reibel, director – business development.
- PR Newswire – The news release shares how SurePods’ first installation in the St. Louis market delivers high-quality finishes faster than traditional building methods.
- Hotel Business – The magazine article outlines the time- and cost-savings SurePods’ solutions afford for hospitality projects.
Thank you to everyone – from our dedicated SurePods team to our innovative clients – who’ve helped make 2019 a year for the books. We look forward to the projects and opportunities ahead in the New Year.
Wishing you and yours a very happy holiday season!